Tuesday 4 August 2015

Time for a Trim

After a decade of long hair I decided it was time to give it a bit of a trim. By that I mean I was damn sick of it so I chopped it all off!
One of my friends is hair dresser trained so I asked her to do it for me so that it would have a chance to look decent and I think she succeeded. I'm loving it already, brushing takes about 10 seconds and washing it is not only easier (not to mention more economical) I can actually give my scalp a good scrub for the first time in I don't know when. If you've never had hair down to your waist then you probably won't understand how much I have had to fit my life around it and how much I am looking forward to a holiday from long hair!


It is also something of a social experiment for me as I always seem to be defined by my hair, like it is the cornerstone of my personality or something. It will be interesting to see if people treat me any differently. This is the before cut photo, still complete with regrowth and faded purple.

Just a little bit of a fur ball removed...

Short hair! This was before shaping so it's a little shorter now. I actually quite like the way that the purple looks in this so since I still have a packet of the dye left I might just have to play around with colour at some point. So many possibilties.

4 comments:

  1. ^That was Dad...I guess I'm still signed in on his computer!
    It does look good, I can only imagine how much easier it must be to deal with now XD
    But the big question is...is Mum talking to you again yet? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's talking to me but not about the hair haha I don't think she's keen. I'm loving it though. Just simple things like sleeping and getting dressed are easier haha Also I don't have to wrestle with it for 10 minutes to get it contained before work now! Major bonus XD

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete