Monday 10 August 2015

Day 11 - My Weekend

I'm going to let the pictures do most of the talking for this post. I was housesitting at the weekend on a lifestyle block. It sure makes me wish I had my own 5 to 10 acres! I will one day.
They had about a dozen chooks all of different breeds that produce a pretty array of different size an coloured eggs.

These boys were the loudest of my charges and you sure knew about it if you were late for a feed. They were rather pretty though so it was easy to forgive them.
There were two dogs, total opposites of each other. This is Jake who was very forward, loving and wanted to be involved with everything. The other dog was a collie called Star who was very shy and scared. You can just make out her legs on the far right as she heads away from the camera. Jake though sat like this for 5 minutes straight patiently waiting for me to take his picture.
There were 4 cats, all of whom worshiped the heater. two were very shy and one was my total shadow whilst in the house. It liked to sit near me when I watched tele and help me out in the kitchen when I was prepping the lambs milk.

One last picture. I just couldn't resist a quick pic of these cabbages. Most of these pics were rather hurried as the weather was so terrible this weekend I didn't want to risk getting my camera wet. I hope you enjoyed my visual account of my weekend.
Did you do anything exciting this weekend? Or did you take any great pictures?

3 comments:

  1. I didn't get to do anything this weekend sadly, let alone anything as cool as pet-sitting all these cuties! Jealous xp

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like my kind of place. Greetings from Auckland.

    ReplyDelete