Thursday 13 August 2015

Day 14 - My Bedroom

This was one of the blog prompts so I'm not really sure what I'm meant to write about. But here is my bed. Dad bought me the Union Jack blanket last time he was over. You can just see my prize soft toys on the far pillow. I think at the moment I have 7 in the party but they vary from time to time.


This is above my bed. I call it the travel wall. The large fan in from Thailand and the small white one from Spain. There is also a smaller black one from Tenerife but it's hard to see. There's the world map underneath and then the map of the Game of Thrones realm just for fun.

On one of my shelves I have my bottle collection. They pretty much all have a story and my favourites are the small ones at the front which were all found in the garden, beach or river mud flats. Not sure why I collect them. It's my hoarder tendencies shining through perhaps. Also I come from a family of collectors but I never found my niche so I have quite a few little collections of random things.
I adore anything miniature so miniature bottles are doubly exciting to me. Closely followed by miniature books. Then mini anything else! So far I've only been able to find tiny bottles that are full of glitter. I saw a few empty ones online once but they were too expensive for me to bother with and the only other ones I've seen are used in fancy jewelery or keychains and although they are adorable they are also way over priced. Yep I'm a cheapskate when it comes to my collectables, if it costs more than $10 I'm probably not going to buy it.

Another sort of collection. Dragons and Wicca/witchcraft/pagan related items. This shelf is pretty empty because most of these kind of items are again quite expensive. At the other end of the shelf though is a collection of sea shells. I find it hard to resist picking up more whenever I go to the beach. I only like to have less than a dozen on my shelf though so most have progressed out to the garden!
Last picture. This is my favourite thing in my room, my book shelf. I actually have two in my room. Both full. and three others around the house. Plus my desk. I have a 'thing' for books. Books to read, books to write in. Fact, fiction. Pretty much anything. The whole top shelf of this book case is Tolkein at the moment. I like to go to charity stores and see how many different editions I can find. It's amazing what turns up and all have been less than $5.

So there you have it. That's the condensed tour of my room. I could do an entire post on my book collection and perhaps I will some day soon. It will make me want to go book  shopping again though!
Do you have any collections?

1 comment:

  1. Your room is so tidy and organised compared to mine! Also, super cool Union Jack throw x3
    I'm not sure I'd want to travel to the Game of Thrones realm, even if I had the chance XD Don't think I would last very long!

    ReplyDelete