Friday 7 August 2015

Day 9 - Tattoos and Piercings

Lately it seems I've been meeting a lot of people who don't appreciate and certainly don't understand my body mods. Quite often they think they are giving me a compliment by saying that I look pretty with 'normal' coloured hair or that I look cute when I take my lip piercings out but all I hear is that they don't like the things I've added. To be fair I've never taken compliments very well and it could just be that they want to reassure me that I don't need to add anything to look good but I always see the negative side of a positive word. I need to find myself some one who not only appreciates my body mods but sees them as an improvement.
So today's entry is an intro into my mods! I of course love them all. I spend a lot of time planning what to get and then saving and researching someone to do them for me. I put more thought and effort into tattoos though as I figure they should be done once and done right where as piercings can be removed, healed and re done fairly easily.
So what have I got? Currently I have 14 piercings and 5 tattoos. And 2 of each in the planning. I shall start at my feet and work up.


This is on my left ankle and my sister has a matching one. It has double meaning meaning as it's a sister tattoo obviously but also an ode to our pet sheep that we bottle fed, walked on leashes and generally loved while we were teenagers.

This is on my left thigh. It's celtic runes that spell out Dragon. Again it has a double meaning for me. The first is my fascination with runes. I used to write my diary in runes and send letters, using it as a code. The second meaning of course is because I'm obsessed with dragons!

This little one was my first and symbolises my love of animals, the fact that I understand dogs better than humans and also the fact that I consider myself a bit of a bitch. In a good way. I consider some of my actions more like that of a female dog that a person. I can be very tolerant of some people treating me badly and yet completely intolerant of some people treating me well. Sometimes I just don't like people for no reason, like dogs.

This one is my largest tattoo and my favourite. My sister drew it for me and it's her animal version of herself. I got it because my sister means more to me than anyone and it's so hard living away from her that I wanted a reminder to carry with me and also because I adore her art work. I have a few pictures that she's drawn for me on my wall and I even hoard all of the little doodles that she puts on notes or letters that we send.

This is my last and my newest, positioned on my right wrist. Again drawn by my sister it reminds me of one of the first pictures she drew for me and also symbolises my love of travel and freedom. It's a little reminder to myself that I have the power to fly, to explore, to be free to find new things.

I reckon I've typed enough for one entry so I will write about my piercings tomorrow. Do you have tattoos? If so how many do you have?

2 comments:

  1. I totally get getting comments like 'oh, but you'd look so much better without it!' or perhaps worse 'I'd prefer how you look without it'! How about, I don't care what you think about my looks? XD Although I don't get my tongue done cause I know Face doesn't like them, so I'm not sure what that says XD
    I love my sheepy tattoo, even more now that I have my lamby addition from Milky Tattoodles x3
    You don't have any coloured tattoos...i'm sure you've told me this, and I guess I kinda knew but it's weird when I see them all together and realise XD
    I have lamby & hoofprint tattoos, cherry tree, stars, libertine and the sparrow and fox...I think thats all of them, so 7 altogether? x3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are def winning in the tattoo department! I'm hoping to get one with milky tattoodles next year though so I'll have a colour one finally! I keep changing my mind on the design and size but currently I am thinking I would like a stag head with a fox and hare below it. Or maybe a purple hare jumping the moon with the stag roaring up to it. Or maybe just a jumping hare... Maybe all three? XD

      Delete