Monday 10 August 2015

Day 10 - My Piercings


I'm going to keep this brief as I know some people can be squeamish about piercings and I have had plenty of gory stories to get to this point. Just to clarify the pic above is not  me but it is what I am aiming for on one of my ears. I currently have 4 of the 5 piercings on my left ear and I hope to get the last next time I am in the UK.
I have not had much luck with piercers in New Zealand, the ones I have had dealings with mostly seem to be lacking experience or very set into bad habits.Not all are bad though and there is a girl in Palmy who has done a few for me that was excellent. I stopped going to that shop though because firstly it is close to an hours drive away which is a long way to go for a piercing and secondly because I couldn't guarantee which piercer would be on duty when I arrived. 
I do live in a small town and there aren't many piercers to choose from and to be brutally honest I wouldn't go back to any of them. I recently went to one with a girl I know who got her cartilage  pierced for the first time and I was horrified to find out that they do all ear piercings with a gun! If you don't know how bad a practice that is then google it. It made me nauseous to watch though. Doubly wrong for that place was that they gave no after care instructions which I thought was very odd considering my friend had mentioned repeatedly that it was her first piercing since she was a kid. They did sell her some studex but that seemed more like a profit thing.
Anyway enough with the negative!
So what have I got? As I mentioned in my previous post I have 14 piercings currently with plans to get more, it's an ongoing addiction same as tattoos.
I have 5 in my left ear, 4 for the paw print and my lobe.
6 in my right ear. The two hearts are attached and not removable unless I bend them out of shape with pliers. The 3 hoops I don't tend to change either simply because I like the way they look.

On my lip I now have 2 hoops which brings me to 13 and the last is my belly button which currently doesn't have any jewelery in since no one is likely to see it in winter so I don't bother.
Ok enough said on this as I still need to write todays post!
Do you have any piercings and if so how many?

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit- when I first looked at the top ear pics, I wondered when you had stretched your ear! I don't know why my mind decided that the left ear wasn't yours but the right ear was XD I can't believe you have spider bites now and I don't!
    You are def winning in the piercings, I only have lobes (stretched), scaffold, daith, & two lip! I nearly had a dermal but when I got there it wasn't the one I wanted so I left it XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha funny how the mind works! I am quite tempted to stretch my ear actually, not very big though. Perhaps a project for when I'm in the UK cos I reckon Mum would freak if I tried it over here XD
    I didn't actually realise that I have more piercings than you! I just always kinda figure you have more of both. I'm still hoping to get a few more so you have some catching up to do haha My ears will be pin cushions by the time I'm done.

    ReplyDelete