Sunday 2 August 2015

Full Moon and New Tech


I started this weekend with no plans other than to relax which of course means that something happened! Firstly it was full moon which always seems to up my energy levels and it was apparently a blue moon although it looked the same to me. I took my camera outside to try and get a pic of it, not expecting much and was pleasantly  surprised when I got a pic as good as this. My previous cameras could never focus on the bright orb in the sky. This has made me even more excited for summer though as I would love to get a full moon rising pic at the beach!

Onto the animal section of the post and first up Pigs! One of the places that we mow has three pet kune kunes called Gerty, Gus and Gromit! Gromit is a new addition this year and we hadn't seen him for 6 weeks so he had grown a lot. We always take a little something up for them to eat so the older pigs have learnt to come running over to greet us when the ute arrives now.

Also on the subject of feeding animals, we are running low on grazing at the moment just due to the cold weather and lack of growth so the sheep are getting a bit hungry. Well not really because we give them hay daily and also bring them home all the weeds that we pick from the gardens but they think they are starving. Luckily we leash trained them when they were younger so we can take them out into the village to graze some of the neighbours lawns (the ones that agree of course) and the road edges. They haven't been on leads for 3 years or so but when Mum brought the collars out from the garage they knew the drill and stood calmly while we got them buckled in, it's amazing what they remember.



On Saturday Troy invited me to go to Palmy to watch the boys play turf hockey. I'm always keen for any excuse to get out of town and watching (in some cases quite attractive men) running around a field trying to politely hurt each other seemed as good a reason as any. I took my camera and practiced taking action shots which was super hard when I had no idea what was really going on but I got some practice and that was the idea.


 Last but not least, check out this beauty! So I just happened to be in Dick Smith today and I just happened to look in the laptop section and what did I see but the very model of comp that I have been wanting, super reduced to $470. So I may have just happened to buy it...
I can't even begin to describe how much of a joy it is to have a responsive laptop again and also it's so small and cute! Now bring on windows 10 so that I can upgrade away from horrendous windows 8 and I'll be as happy as a pig in shit.
So that was my weekend. Nothing that I had hoped to do got done and lots of things that I hadn't even considered happened so it was a pretty good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. From Dad,
    You have answered the Camera Question, have fun with it.
    Nice Lap Top, maybe you can point one out for me Next year.
    Oh, I have just Installed Windows 10 to my Comp.
    Don't spend all your Money you may need some next year as Daddy is Broke !!!
    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good weekend indeed! Love the photo of the moon, and the animals are always cute. It's amazing how clever sheep are and how little credit they get for it, poor things!
    Hopefully win10 will come soon for you, it seems pretty good on Dad's pc so far ;3

    ReplyDelete