Saturday 18 July 2015

Photography Fun


Today was unusual for me, a theme this weekend that I feel I've really needed. Today I went to my first bloggers brunch club and I was pretty nervous before I left but everyone made me feel really welcome. I was very impressed, the other girls seem so much more accomplished than me, working with suppliers and businesses while I'm just over here writing to myself. It was nice to hear their views though and to hear that blogging doesn't have to take over your life and small is nothing to be ashamed of. We all start just for the love of it and I don't need mine to pay the bills so I'm happy to let it roll along quietly. I got so wrapped up in listening and talking that I forgot to ask for their blog details and instagram names! Duh! Oh well I guess I will just have to go to the next brunch and ask then.
 After brunch club I decided to take the long way home as the sun was shining and I wanted to take photos. I had seen a road sign on the way down pointing to a town that I couldn't remember visiting so I decided to travel back via that way. As it turns out the town wasn't really a town at all but about 6 building around a round about which I guess is why I can't remember visiting it before.
Next stop was Marton where I found a cute park that I've never seen before. It didn't look it's best really but you can just tell that it would be beautiful in the spring and summer so I plan to go back when the leaves return.
There were loads of ducks on the pond but there was a trio that really caught my eye because they had funky hair do's like this guy! They started off on the pond as they were a bit nervous but once I crouched down to take photo's of other things they got a bit cheeky and came up on the bank to see if I had any bread hiding in my pockets. Unfortunately I didn't but I will try to remember to take some when I go back.
On my way out of town I saw this nice church and played about with the sun behind the cross. It didn't come out quite how I planned but I still like it.

I headed home and picked up Mum and convinced her to come out to Kai Iwi beach with me as neither of us had been out there since the floods. We knew the bridge was broken but it was still a bit of a shock to actually see it first hand. I of course had to test it out and walked over the broken bits to stand on the end.
There was a lot of rain last night so the rivers where all running dirty and have made the sea a strangely appealing muddy colour. You wouldn't catch me swimming in it but it was interesting to watch.
I'll leave you with one final photo of a shell that was on the beach. It caught my eye because of the strange worm like patterns on it.


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day ^^ I would like to go to a bloggers meet, but I don't think I would manage well, I'm glad they made you feel at home though and eased your mind about your blog x3 You def need to get their names next time! And maybe make little paper snippets with your address on too XD Gives you a good reason to go again anyway! loving the photos as ever, tiki touring is always a lot of fun and you've found some good spots. I do enjoy the fielding area, and kai-iwi beach. Shame about the bridge, I'm sure they'll have plans for another in the works though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great day ^^ I would like to go to a bloggers meet, but I don't think I would manage well, I'm glad they made you feel at home though and eased your mind about your blog x3 You def need to get their names next time! And maybe make little paper snippets with your address on too XD Gives you a good reason to go again anyway! loving the photos as ever, tiki touring is always a lot of fun and you've found some good spots. I do enjoy the fielding area, and kai-iwi beach. Shame about the bridge, I'm sure they'll have plans for another in the works though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper snips with blogs names on would be a good idea! I should suggest that for the next meet. Maybe we could look up an english group when I'm in the UK and go together? I always kinda forget how nice the fielding area is cos I don't have much need to travel there. I'm assuming they will build another bridge but for now there is so much to do i the city that I expect it's on the back burners.

    ReplyDelete