Wednesday 27 May 2015

Pinterest Project



For me winter is a time for hot food, roaring wood fires and craft fads. The long evenings inside mean that I need to find something to occupy me but with my limited attention span my hobbies rarely last more than a season. Last year it was loom bands, the year before scrapbooks and knitting nancy, this year I've stumbled across crochet.
I find the best hobbies for me are ones that keep my hands occupied but don't require a lot of concentration because the tv is usually on and I find noise very distractive. I like to be able make things and have the satisfaction of looking back at them even if they are useless!
Considering I have only started to crochet this week I'm quite pleased with my progress. My first little play around with the wool produced these little balls which I made without a pattern or any idea what I was doing. The best part is that I don;t really know how they happened or what to use them for and when I tried to follow a pattern for a ball I couldn't get past the first row!
 After mucking about making swatches of random double stitch and single stitch I decided I had better try to actually make something so I turned to my old friend Pinterest for ideas. I came across a pattern for a phone cover which said it was suitable for beginners so off I went. It was easy enough and the only mistake I made was that I didn't really make it wide enough so although it fits my phone, it's a really really tight fit which isn't very convenient if I want to check it regularly. I did make it though and it hasn't fallen apart yet so I'm still pretty pleased!
 And of course I can always make another. I also have a couple of other little ideas that I want to try to crochet so I'll let you know how I go. Do you know any easy crochet patterns for me to try?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment