Friday 15 May 2015

A Little Something








So much has happened in the last two months that's it's difficult for me to decide what to write about first. I've been exploring my birth country with my father for possibly the last time which brings mixed emotions. I've been happy, sad, lonely, overwhelmed, excited and scared sometimes all in one day. I've hatched big plans, struggled with my inner demons, learnt things about myself and what I mean to others and ultimately come to the conclusion that my life is for me to live while I can. After all what am I waiting for? The prince charming who doesn't exist? For me to win a million on lotto even though I don't buy tickets? For the right time....
The right time never really seems to arrive, yet in reflection I can find no reason for it ever being the wrong time, it is just time and it will also be just time. You never know if it's right or wrong until you do it and I read a quote recently that really struck a chord with me so I thought I'd share it.

It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.”

On that note I have decided to move to England for a year to stay with my family. Why now? Why not! I don't really have a plan for my life except that I want to do something that makes me happy and I don't quite seem to be achieving that here. Chances are I won't find what I'm looking for in the UK either but I am still young and healthy and I'd like to see some more of Europe so I'm just going to go for it. There are things here that I will miss and certain people but they will be here when I return. Or perhaps not, but that's just a chance that you have to take when you travel. After all there are things and people in England that I miss while I am here so I never win really!
So stay tuned for further news of my up coming adventures and in the mean time I will tell you some stories from the places I have been in the last two months.

2 comments:

  1. This runs through my head all the time. The thing stopping me is money mostly,I think. I feel I need to see more of the world. Like, lots more of it! Even if you go back home (where ever that is) without achieving anything but travel, I think that's perfect. I can't tell if I'm just trying to escape my job though ;d

    ReplyDelete
  2. This runs through my head all the time. The thing stopping me is money mostly,I think. I feel I need to see more of the world. Like, lots more of it! Even if you go back home (where ever that is) without achieving anything but travel, I think that's perfect. I can't tell if I'm just trying to escape my job though ;d

    ReplyDelete